Union Office, British Telecom, Becket House, New Dover Road,
Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3BB
Tel: 01227 760311 e-mail: email@example.com
The General Secretary has received the attached letter from Matt Wrack, General Secretary of the Fire Brigades Union and as requested we are bringing this to the attention of CWU Branches.
You will see that the FBU General Secretary asks the CWU and its members to support the ‘Firefighters 100 Lottery’ which has recently been launched to help five key good causes. We are advised that at least 50p from every lottery ticket purchased will go towards these defined causes:-
· Support the families of firefighters killed or seriously injured in the line of duty.
· Honour the bravery and sacrifice of those firefighters killed in the line of duty.
· Promote the lessons to be learnt from firefighter deaths and serious injuries.
· Support research into the physical and mental health and well-being of firefighters and the ‘all hazards’ nature of the modern fire and rescue service.
· Support humanitarian assistance, including internationally, for those affected by fire or disaster.
We hope that branches can give consideration to this initiative from the FBU and share this information with colleagues.
Further information on this can be found at www.firefighters100lottery.co.uk
General Secretary’s Office
General Secretary’s Office |
Communication Workers Union
Headquarters 150 The Broadway | Wimbledon | SW19 1RX
T 020 8971 7200 | F 020 8971 7300 | www.cwu.org | @DaveWardGS